The primary objectives of the RCT/EMPATHY, Georgia is to:
- Study effects of traumatic stress
- Identification of torture victims
- Provide medical, psychological, social and legal rehabilitation to torture victims, as well as victims of organized violence and pronounced stress impact, their family members as well.
- Prevention activities: revealing of torture facts, independent psychiatric expertise, participation in the actions and activities against torture, providing monitoring of the prisons and other close institutions etc.
- Research and Training activities – analysis of torture consequences and torturers – victims’ relations psychology, analysis of the psychological mechanisms of war conflicts and created the model of conflict – resolution. Providing training for specialists. Creating the Methodology and Client Monitoring Program for specialists.
- Consult organizations with which survivors and victims have close contacts.
- Prevent Violations of human rights by using and developing international laws and conventions on human rights, especially – against Torture, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment, in Georgia etc.
- Mental Health Reform in Prison