What is the RCT/EMPATHY, Georgia
Partners and Associated OrganizationsPartners:
- Penal Reform International (PRI)
- International Rehabilitation Council for Torture Victims (IRCT)
- WPA Section “Torture Psychological Consequences and Persecution”
- Women’s Association Nabakevi and Darcheli (Crisis Intervention Centre, Nabakevi/Gali)
- Georgian Medical Association
- Society of Georgian Psychiatrists
- Ombudsman of Georgia
- WPA Section “psychological Consequences of Torture and Persecution”.
Psycho – Rehabilitation Centre for Victims of Torture, Violence and Pronounced Stress Impact
EMPATHY is a non-governmental, non – profit, professional, independent organization that provides medical and psycho – social and legal support to victims of torture and their family members.
It performs a significant role in field of torture prevention and it’s persecution in Georgia.
In case of necessity, the Center conducts independent medical expertise conclusions, provides forensic medical and psychological/psychiatric expertise.
Center EMPATHY has been founded and operates in Georgia.
The Center is accredited with International Rehabilitation Council for Victims of Torture (IRCT), is an active participant of European Network of Rehabilitation centers. The Centre has partnership relations with International Rehabilitation Council for Victims of Torture; in particular “EMPATHY” is focal representative of “Istanbul Protocol Implementation Project” in Georgia.